Tuesday, September 11, 2018

One Last Summer Paradise Card

Fall is still over a week away but I know everybody has pumpkin spice on their brain! I wanted to show one last card for Summer. I really love macaws, and used the Color Layering Parrot Stamp Set from Hero Arts. 


I stamped the body in Red and Blue ink. I then stamped the second and third layer in Versamark ink and embossed with WOW embossing powders.  I stamped the beak and feet in black ink and cut out a few leaves I made as well. I used some green shades of Distress Inks on the background. How to achieve the spots and how to emboss really well are discussed in more detail in an earlier post of mine. I really wanted to make a macaw with red, though I love the yellow/blue variety featured on this USPS Pets Stamp. I also used a leaf embossing folder on a sheet of green paper for the back of the card. I am happy with how it turned out!


I will need to make another blue parrot card soon to honor the Spix Macaw. It has sadly been declared extinct in the wild. Here is a pic of the beautiful birds and a link to the World Wildlife Fund.

Spix's macaws sit on a branch in their aviary at the Association for the Conservation of Threatened Parrots in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment