Monday, October 8, 2018

Autumn Leaves

It's Official

So, it is officially Fall and that means I need to post an Autumn colored leaf card before diving headfirst into zombies, vampires and werewolves. This is a punny card for my mom depicting my sisters and me. Mom taught grammar as well so she will be happy to know I used that last "me" properly.
The sentiment: "We can't be-leaf what a great mom you are- Happy Fall".





Cool right? For the front I used an old leaf stencil (from AC Moore) and pounced brown ink through it. Sprayed it with some gold spray, cut it out and set it aside. I used autumn colored distress inks on a sheet of white paper, sprayed some water on it and dried it off after 2 seconds.. then, I used a leaf embossing folder to create the textured background. 

For the inside of the card, I used stamps by The Greeting Farm. I really love this style of artwork from TGF- the characters are a bit taller and more evenly proportioned. I emailed TGF to try and get more stamps made in this style. They said that they tend to do the smaller characters so they can fit more images on a stamp set.. They added that they might make more in the future..  Please feel free to email them and demand they give the masses what they want... Or what I want anyway... lol.  I definitely think these characters were worth the money, and I'm glad I bought them a while ago as they seem now sold out. The sets I used are named "My Sunshine" and "Together Anywhere". You can still find them on ebay etc. Contact TGF or browse their other stamps here.

I also used Glossy Accents on my sisters' dress, boots and scarf. All those leaves were die cut out using a die from Impression Obsession named Oak Leaves and Rake. It is an awesomely useful set, though I didn't use the rake this time. 

Hope you enjoyed and stop by again. Thank you.

Challenges: 



4 comments:

  1. The outside is beautiful and the inside is cute; perfect combo...I'm sure your mom loved it! Thanks for playing w/ us at UYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I love that you personalized it with images representing you and your siblings! Your mom will love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff this week and I hope we see you again!
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - this is such a fun card! The outside is beautiful and the inside is too cute! What a great sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thanks for joining in at Crafting with an Attitude challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete