Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Ariel, The Little Mermaid

A buddy of mine loves the Little Mermaid, so I decided to make a bday card for him.
The eels were fun critters to use, and I am happy with how it turned out.


I cut down some watercolor paper to a 4x4in square and liberally added water. Then, I added several different sprays of blue- the first few sprays were from a cheap blue from ACMoore that I had laying around and the top layers were from Lindy's Stamp Gang so the glitter and shine would sit on top. I added some darker blues and grays as well since it would better convey deep water. While messy, this was pretty fun, however, waiting for it to dry was not haha. 

I stamped and copic-colored the images of 2 stamps sets: The Greeting Farm's Little Mermaids set, and Lawn Fawn's You Are Sublime.

I also used a coral die since I had lots of scraps floating around and the shine on the paper was too nice to waste. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

I later added a birthday sentiment but gave it away before getting a pic... I need to get better at that!
Thanks for coming by and hope 2019 is starting off well for ya :D

Challenges:


4 comments:

  1. Awesome card John! Love your background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this underwater mermaid scene, so cute!
    Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month, hope to see you there again soon :)
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun project, this is adorable and I love the background, it's perfect for the little mermaid! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card. Thanks for sharing at FabNFunky.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete