Monday, March 11, 2019

Dream-Catcher

Hi. Today I did a card for dreamers. 

The first two pictures came out pretty well and show off the clear embossing powder I used on all of the die cuts. I thought about adding some gems for the beads that are commonly strung on dream-catchers: I used a minimal combination of crystals and sequins to achieve this effect. I am not really sure if I like the before or after better- what do you think? I try not to overly complicate cards, which is difficult for me, haha. With my stash, it feels like I have a kitchen sink and makes me want to throw it at every creation. 





First I blended a piece of paper with blue distress inks. This nice collection of die cuts is from AC Moore, which I bought it for 55% off of course! I have had this in my stash for a while and thought about making this card a few times. The sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set, appropriately called "Make a Wish". 

The black stars are from a random die cut out, and I added some white stars with a gel pen.

Let me know if you prefer I go into the step by step details of embossing and die-cutting... I feel that many readers/fellow crafters already know these processes.. and reading multiple blogs that explain the steps in great detail over and over again can get a bit tedious. If you like, check out my first few blog entries as I go into much more detail on these common techniques. This is written as a fast yet fun read :)

Please come by again and have a good day!


Challenges: 

3 comments:

  1. WOW...what an amazing card. Love those wonderful colors and fabulous images. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, John! I love the idea of the Dream Catcher and the Teepee silhouetted against the night sky. Very nice work. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge
    A Place To Start Challenge https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com
    PS: I would love to have you apply for our design team at my new challenge A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete