Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Welcome Baby Robot Pop Up Box


This card folds flat for the mail and then pops up to reveal a simulated technological wonder!

The box die is from Lawn Fawn and incredible useful. It cuts the rectangles for the box flaps as well. I used a computer chip stencil from my stash since the theme was robots.

The robot stamps are"mini bots" from Clearly Besotted. They just made an add-on to this stamp set, featuring baby/plushies, called "robot plushies", so I will also be using down the road. These cats are the best and fun to color. I also used an embossing folder to make the gray paper look like metal. You can adjust the flaps, I wanted to show the other side, so I kind of flipped it up, but you can put them at 90 degrees or completed flat once you open up the box. I personally leave the back piece flat and do not crease that side, so it provides a backdrop. The sentiment says "awesome people make awesome babies", which I thought was fitting for my robot loving friends. 

My favorite part? The poo-bolts under the baby.. did you notice?
Thanks for stopping by!



Challenges: 



7 comments:

  1. Great construction - that embossing folder really makes for a metal look.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something really different John, great construction using the embossing folder and then the geometric's on the inside of the lid carrying the robotic theme, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Use a Favourite' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creation, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous pop up box, great fun. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. We would love for you to visit us again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on our DIY theme John! I love the robots and the bolts under the baby robot :) Embossed pop up box is fantastic! Thank you for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge and I really hope to see your creations in our future galleries :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful DIY box you made :-)) I like your idea!
    Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room. I hope we see you in our next challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete