Monday, November 19, 2018

Origami Squirrel Golden Acorns

Hello! Please follow me on instagram at @Coolpaperart for more fun pics!
Today I have a unique card to share using some origami. The squirrel can be taken out as a surprise gift for the recipient!


 
 

Folding the squirrel took a bit of time. The designer is John Montroll and I grew up with many of his origami books- he is a great artist. I messed up the first one b/c the paper was a bit too small. If you fold and refold the same spots, sometimes the paper will wear down and make a hole. The larger the paper, the easier it is to work on details, like little arms and feet etc, so I used a larger square. The end product was actually a good size for the 6x6 inch card. 

For the background, I used an acorn stencil from Echo Park and used several different pastes on it. I used a variety of products from Viva, Lindy's Stamp Gang and Tim Holtz. The Viva pastes were ready to go, but for the gold and another shade of brown, I took the sprays and added them to some white texture paste that I had. 

 I embossed the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp seasons set) on vellum and adhered it to the back of the paper, leaving a bit of space for my squirrel to fit behind it. Then I popped it onto a piece of brown cardstock from Bazzil.  

Happy Autumn!

Challenges:



6 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful! Love the gold accent!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Your origami squirrel is so very cool. (And it's great you were inspired by the acorn in our photo - that's what our challenge is all about - using what inspires you). Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! what a wonderful idea to use an origami artist for your entry, this is so original and inspired. Thank you so much for joining us in our Inspired by an artist challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I adore your card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room.

    x Lise Mariann, DT

    ReplyDelete