Friday, November 30, 2018

Snow Gear See Through card


I created a mouse that wants to go snowboarding. In order to put his gear on, the recipient must close the card. I think the helmet fits him perfectly. 


The equipment and sentiment are from Simon Says Stamp's Snow Gear set. The mouse is from Mama Elephant's Lunar Animals set. I colored using copic markers in a fall orange color, but I feel it is still a winter card since snow came so early this year. 

I die cut the scalloped circle from the front of the card and adhered acetate on the back. I die cut two more gray panels to make the white snow stand out more and ensure a 'clean and simple' look.

I cut two helmets and glued them to each side of the acetate ensuring that when the card was closed they fit in the correct spot over the mouse. To do this, it was easiest to put the helmet on the mouse (colored side down) and put a drop of glue on it.. then, I carefully closed the card. Let that dry. Then, I knew exactly where to line up the helmet for the front of the card.

I embossed the sentiment using Ranger Tinsel Embossing Powder. In some of my other posts I have specific details for embossing-- it is fun and really adds a lot when you view the card in person!

Hope you enjoyed this see through card :)

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete