Tuesday, February 26, 2019

#BeMine

Sorry for the late post, I was away for V-Day and forgot-  Here is my #bemine Valentine  :)




This card features an arrow from one of Tim Holtz' Idea-ology sets. It is pretty large, though there are some smaller arrows in the set too. The large ones have some heft, so I recommend using some thick cardstock or a sturdy cardbase.

I also used some nice white textured paper I had in my stash. It is really bright white, so while the picture might not be great, the contrast is striking. The heart was made by cutting 3 strips of 100# paper (light pink, dark pink, red) and adhering them to a piece of computer paper. This way, the heart is all the same width. I used computer paper to not add extra bulk since I would be die cutting out the heart and I didn't want to damage my BigKick. Oh, and because computer paper is cheap and nobody would be seeing the back anyway :)

The wooden #BEMINE embellishment was heat embossed with Pink Pearl embossing powder from Ranger. I used some Ranger multi medium matte glue since it dries clear- luckily nothing seeped out, but better to be safe than sorry! Adhered my valentine to a card base and it was ready to be handed out on valentines day! 

I think that this CAS (clean and simple) style card is effective and allow the embellishments to shine... literally. Thanks for checking it out.

Challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge
Craft Rocket Challenges

2 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for joining us this month at The Brown Sugar Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete