Monday, February 11, 2019

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year! 

I made this card about a week ago using Mama Elephant's Lion Dance stamp set, which is a really fun set. A dragon counts as a critter right? The sentiment is one that I used for a New Year's card towards the end of December too- very useful! 
I flicked some gold watercolor paint onto red cardstock and adhered it to some gold mirrored cardstock. With all the reflective gold going on, I didn't think this card needed more embellishments- I also didn't want to detract from the cute characters that I colored with copic markers. I chose a faint green for my accent color. At first, I was afraid it would like like a traffic light haha, but they helped it all come together. I fussy cut the characters out and popped them up using foam tape for added dimension. I imagined making another new years resolution where I treat myself to the dies for fun sets like this, but we'll see how much my heat bills are this month lol!


Thanks for taking a look!

Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Super cute John, the flicks of gold gives it a perfect touch with all the cute images!!
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 613 Ave Create...Good Luck!
    DT Shell
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice creation. So glad you joined our February Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. We hope to see you link with us again next month. Have a blessed week!

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete