Monday, February 4, 2019

Westminster in Watercolor

I decided to do a watercolor card, but since this is London's Westminster Abbey, I guess I should say *watercolour*




This Sketchy Landmark set from Altenew is awesome and I hope they create more landmarks soon. I used a stamp tool since the watercolor paper has a lot of texture- that way, I could stamp it multiple times in the same spot. I used black embossing powder. 
Kuretake Gansai Tambi makes a Pearl set, so I painted them over the heat embossed image. I used a few layers so the shine would pick up in different areas. People always say a picture doesn't do it justice, and that is also the case here.
After letting it dry, I wasn't totally satisfied with the clarity of the yellow, so I added a border of yellow heart paper. I finished the card using some frosted heart embellishments. Enjoy!

Challenge:
Pile it on challenge
Penny Black at all sorts

3 comments:

  1. i love how the variety of colours shows off this very detailed image! we say 'watercolour' in canada too. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft colours and big building, great contrast!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great creation John, the inky backgroud makes for perfect eye catching backdrop for the bold Westminster Abbey image, an Altenew stamp I've not seen before so one I need to check out.

    As you so rightly say photos of our artwork so often don't do justice but I can well imagine that if you have heat embossed it looks fab. It's great to see you at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in our February challenge and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete